Saturday, December 12, 2015

Happy Cooking




I should start out my review by saying I have all of Giada DeLaurentiis' books and have watched every single one of her shows- most of them more than once. I even met her in person at a cookbook signing. I was so excited to receive her newest cookbook, Happy Cooking, but I would say that I felt a little underwhelmed by it. I read it over the course of a few days, which is a bad sign, because I could put it down. I also have since put it on my bookshelf and not looked at it again. 
The Pros: The recipes are easy to make an generally require few ingredients and are easy to find. The pasta section has quite a few good looking recipes and the eating clean chapter is comprehensive. 
The Cons: This book is all over the place. It even includes a recipe for peanut butter dog treats. The book is filled with anecdotes that I didn't really care to read, as many included nothing personal about Giada, and the recipes seemed squished onto the page. There are also some recipes with odd combinations, like Braised Swiss Chard with Curried Bread Crumbs and grapes. 
Overall, this book is enjoyable to flip through, but not necessarily own. I would own it because I want to have the whole collection of Giada books, but I doubt I would make anything from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment