Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Menu Planning and Flexibliity

I don't know about you, but I begin the week with the best intentions, but so many things can sideline the best of intentions. This week I caught a bug which kept me on the couch relaxing as best as I could with two young children. Not an easy task! This is a real-life comparison between planning and what actually happened. 

Meal Plan for October 4-10
  • Sunday- No plan as usual (help!) but Kevin made Grilled Cheese sandwiches and Tomato Soup
  • Monday- Stuffed Shells
  • Tuesday- Fish Tacos
  • Wednesday- Dinner at my Mom and Dad's
  • Thursday- Salmon Caesar Salad
  • Friday- Barefoot Contessa White Pizza
  • Saturday- No plan yet ;)
The actual meals for October 4-10
  • Sunday- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Tomato Soup
  • Monday- Fish Tacos (Kevin made these when he got home from work because I decided I would make my own sauce for the stuffed shells and was way too tired to take this on.)
  • Tuesday- Blueberry Muffins and Scrambled Eggs (Kevin in the kitchen again!)
  • Wednesday- Stuffed Shells
  • Thursday- Planning to go to my parents' for dinner
  • Friday- Planning on pizza...
It is so easy for the "plan" to become derailed, but a plan is better than not. I try to keep staples in the house so we can still eat something that we like and a bit healthy so we aren't always tempted to order pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment