Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Michael Symon's 5 in 5 For Every Season



Michael Symon's 5 in 5 For Every Season is a great book for the home cook who loves to cook seasonally. I enjoyed Michael Symon's easy style of writing and the pictures are simple and delicious-looking. The chapters are divided into Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and Holidays. I skipped immediately to "Fall" and found several meals that I could make right away and that my whole family would like. 

Spring: I love that Symon included two recipes for ramps. They have a great, delicate flavor, but I never know what to do with them. There are so many fresh meals with seasonal vegetables, meat, and seafood. 

Summer: This chapter wasn't of much interest to me at this time (it is the end of the summer), but the section is filled with grilled recipes that are great for the summer and eating dinner in the hot weather. 

Fall: There are also two recipes for kohlrabi, which I have never eaten, but am interested in trying. I also saw several meals that I want to try right away, like Rigatoni with Mushrooms & Sage and Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs with Shallots. The recipes use few ingredients, but look flavorful. 

Winter: Symon utilizes root vegetables and one pan meals without being too heavy. The recipes are fresh and light and use seasonal fruits and vegetables. 

I received this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for my review, but all opinions are my own. You can pre-order/purchase the book here: 5 in 5 For Every Season






No comments:

Post a Comment